Part of the hassle associated with improving your teenager’s smile with braces is getting your teen to buy into the process. Many teens are very resistant to wearing braces because they don’t want a mouth full of metal, food stuck in their braces, or restrictions placed on their diets. Invisalign Teen is here to help!
Invisalign Teen involves wearing a series of aligners over the teeth that gently shift them into better positions. The clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible, which thrills teenagers who don’t want to bring attention to their braces. This also rules out the potential for food becoming stuck in wires or brackets, a common hazard that teens wearing traditional braces fear.
Another plus to Invisalign Teen is the aligners are removeable. They are removed for eating, so there are no restrictions on your teen’s favorite foods. They still have the freedom to eat treats like popcorn or hard candy without concern. Aligners are also removed for cleaning, so normal brushing and flossing win out as opposed to the difficulties cleaning around metal braces.
You won’t have to listen to your teen complain about discomfort with braces when you choose Invisalign. There are no painful adjustments and no pointy wires to poke them in the mouth. You also don’t need to worry that your teen doesn’t know when to change sets of aligners, because Invisalign Teen has a special Blue Dot Indicator that lets you know it’s time to switch. And if your teenager tends to be irresponsible, Invisalign Teen offer six free aligner replacements when one is lost.
The benefits of Invisalign Teen are obvious: invisible, removeable, comfortable, customized and effective. Your teen can’t complain that their social life is negatively impacted by wearing braces when you choose Invisalign as the method. It seems that teenagers face enough hardships and change in their lives; Invisalign Teen offers a stress-free, unique approach to a beautiful smile.
Schedule your appointment at our Sherman Oaks dental office
Moody teenagers can be hard to please, and sometimes finding out that they need braces can send them reeling. If you have a teen who needs orthodontic treatment but is fighting the idea of having a mouth full of metal, consider the latest innovation called Invisalign.
This revolutionary treatment involves wearing customized clear plastic aligners over your teeth. About every two weeks, you’ll transition to a new set of aligners in a series designed to gently move teeth into better positions. Invisalign corrects a variety of problems like overcrowding, gaps, crooked teeth, and bite issues.
If you’ve already heard about Invisalign, it may have been associated with adults. Although many adults love this treatment method, teens can enjoy it just as much. Others hardly notice you’re undergoing treatment and your self-esteem is not negatively impacted. It’s easy to smile your way through the process and end up with a perfect smile when treatment is done.
What are some aspects about Invisalign that make it such a low-stress orthodontic alternative?
- Traditional braces are unsightly and bulky, but Invisalign aligners are lightweight and practically invisible. Nothing beats Invisalign for the most aesthetic approach to treatment.
- It’s easy to keep your teeth and gums clean since the retainers are removed for brushing and flossing. Normal dental hygiene tasks are possible with this treatment method.
- There are no diet restrictions since the aligners are removed while eating. Teens can enjoy their favorite foods without being hampered by rules.
- No worrying that food is stuck in the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces.
- Emergency visits to the orthodontist are eliminated since there’s no chance of breaking a bracket or having a wire stabbing you in the mouth. Invisalign even provides extra retainers if one is lost to ensure uninterrupted treatment.
- The pain associated with traditional braces is not a factor with Invisalign, which uses gentle movement to reach your smile goals.
- Treatment time is typically not as long with Invisalign compared to traditional methods, with the average patient reaching their end goal in less than 18 months.
If you need a orthodontist in Burbank, contact us today