One of the best ways to achieve a perfect smile is by wearing braces, but it doesn’t come without a few hassles. Once you see your issues like overcrowded teeth, gaps, bite misalignment, and more are gone, the end result is worth it. In the meantime, look for the bright side of wearing braces! Follow these guidelines for making your time in braces as successful as possible.
Don’t stress out about the initial part of the process when the orthodontist makes molds of your teeth. Some patients hate this part and worry about gagging. Most people have the same reaction, so don’t feel self-conscious about it. Avoid eating right before your appointment so that food will be less likely to come up. Brush your teeth well before and after the appointment.
Your orthodontist will provide a list of foods that you shouldn’t eat while you’re in braces. Remember that you won’t be without your popcorn or favorite candy forever; it’ll be worth the wait when you get to eat those treats again using your perfectly straight teeth! Look at the restrictions as a chance to try different foods and maybe even eat a little healthier.
Speaking of foods, indulge in your favorite cold treats after your appointments to get your braces adjusted or tightened. Sure, it’s uncomfortable, but having a yummy milkshake or ice cream cone will help ease the pain. Braces provide a great excuse for a trip to the ice cream shop.
If fashion is your thing, have fun with the elastics that go with your braces if your treatment involves them. Orthodontists offer a variety of color choices, so express your style when selecting your elastics. Every month can be a new adventure for your smile.
It may be a bummer to wear braces for a couple of years, but you can improve the experience by making the most of it. Keep your mind focused on how happy you’ll be in the end.
If you live in the Burbank, contact us today
Moody teenagers can be hard to please, and sometimes finding out that they need braces can send them reeling. If you have a teen who needs orthodontic treatment but is fighting the idea of having a mouth full of metal, consider the latest innovation called Invisalign.
This revolutionary treatment involves wearing customized clear plastic aligners over your teeth. About every two weeks, you’ll transition to a new set of aligners in a series designed to gently move teeth into better positions. Invisalign corrects a variety of problems like overcrowding, gaps, crooked teeth, and bite issues.
If you’ve already heard about Invisalign, it may have been associated with adults. Although many adults love this treatment method, teens can enjoy it just as much. Others hardly notice you’re undergoing treatment and your self-esteem is not negatively impacted. It’s easy to smile your way through the process and end up with a perfect smile when treatment is done.
What are some aspects about Invisalign that make it such a low-stress orthodontic alternative?
• Traditional braces are unsightly and bulky, but Invisalign aligners are lightweight and practically invisible. Nothing beats Invisalign for the most aesthetic approach to treatment.
• It’s easy to keep your teeth and gums clean since the retainers are removed for brushing and flossing. Normal dental hygiene tasks are possible with this treatment method.
• There are no diet restrictions since the aligners are removed while eating. Teens can enjoy their favorite foods without being hampered by rules.
• No worrying that food is stuck in the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces.
• Emergency visits to the orthodontist are eliminated since there’s no chance of breaking a bracket or having a wire stabbing you in the mouth. Invisalign even provides extra retainers if one is lost to ensure uninterrupted treatment.
• The pain associated with traditional braces is not a factor with Invisalign, which uses gentle movement to reach your smile goals.
• Treatment time is typically not as long with Invisalign compared to traditional methods, with the average patient reaching their end goal in less than 18 months.
Invisalign has a lot of benefits when it comes to straightening your teeth and looking good while you’re doing it, but it also has a great number of benefits when it comes to your oral health.
Invisalign is a system used to straighten teeth utilizing clear plastic trays known as aligners. These aligners are applied in a series over time. When one aligner has done its job, the next tray in the series replaces it.
Invisalign is unique among orthodontia used to straighten teeth in that they are removed when the patient is eating food or cleaning his or her teeth. Because of this, no food becomes stuck inside the standard metal bands and brackets of typical braces, and the decay that begins in the trapped food never gets a foothold in the mouths of those wearing Invisalign.
Metal braces can make it difficult and time-consuming to brush and floss properly. The braces trap food particles and bacteria around the teeth and hidden in the rubber bands. In order to clean them properly, wearers must thread floss in between each bracket, one after another. Most people skip some teeth and only do part of the mouth. Brushing can also be a challenge, and brushes will wear out faster and can’t reach some areas of the mouth.
Invisalign aligners are removed during cleanings, so you are brushing and flossing your teeth just like you always did. Also, since the process takes a fraction of the time compared to metal braces, you’re far more likely to floss your whole mouth. This way, your mouth stays cleaner and you ensure your continued oral health.
Talk to your orthodontist to learn about all of the oral health benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces. What you learn might lead you to choose Invisalign to straighten your teeth.
Sherman Oaks Invisalign dentist
Invisalign is one of the most popular options for patients who wish to improve an imperfect smile without the hassle of traditional braces. However, Invisalign may not be a perfect choice for everyone.
How do you know if you are a good candidate for Invisalign? Consider the following:
- What problems are you trying to fix and what is their severity? Invisalign is best suited for milder cases of misalignment, crowded, or crooked teeth. More severe issues, such as large overbites, are better treated with more advanced orthodontic procedures.
- What is your age? Invisalign is an excellent choice for older teens and adults. Invisalign offers an attractive option that is virtually unnoticeable and, therefore, doesn’t affect the patient’s self-confidence the way traditional metal braces might. Children and younger teens are not the best candidates because their teeth and jaw are still growing.
- How committed are you to correcting your smile? While using the Invisalign aligners is easy, allowing you to remove them as necessary, they must remain in your mouth for a minimum of 22 hours a day. If you are not dedicated to following this treatment plan and remaining vigilant about wearing your aligners, treatment with Invisalign will not work.
Invisalign is known to be one of the easiest and most comfortable treatments for orthodontic problems. Using clear aligner trays to gently move your teeth, Invisalign is an easy and popular option. To better determine your suitability for Invisalign, schedule an appointment with a qualified orthodontist. Invisalign is an exciting option for patients who wish to fix their teeth without the hassle of traditional metal braces.
Sherman Oaks Orthodontist