Unlike traditional methods of improving your smile, Invisalign offers a unique way to change your look without many of the hassles typically associated with braces. It is a great solution for getting rid of crooked, uneven, or misaligned teeth through a completely modern approach to orthodontics.
Invisalign makes your orthodontic treatment easy. Made up of clear plastic aligners, you simply wear the nearly invisible customized trays over your teeth to move them into better position. You wear each set of aligners for the timeframe indicated by your dentist, so that your teeth gradually shift. When that tray has achieved its goal, you switch to the next tray in the series to continue treatment until your teeth are in the ideal position. Length of treatment depends on each case, but often it is quicker than traditional braces.
Computer imaging software is used to predict what your teeth should look like at the end of treatment. The software takes your current dental situation and maps the path to a final outcome. This allows your dentist to create the series of aligners that will progress your treatment to the desired end result. It also allows you to actually see the goal for your smile.
Invisalign is offered by dentists trained in this unique approach to orthodontics. The treatment program is specific to each patient and a customized solution will be developed for your needs based on the dentist’s professional skills and experience.
There are benefits that Invisalign offers unlike other orthodontic methods. Here are some top advantages:
- Clear plastic makes them almost invisible in your mouth during treatment.
- Removable trays allow easy cleaning of the trays as well as your teeth and gums.
- Wireless and metal-free, the aligners fit comfortably and do not affect your speech or diet.
- Gradual changes brought on by the series of trays avoids the pain that accompanies having traditional braces tightened.
- Computerized imaging allows you to see the forecasted outcome of your treatment.
Dr. Fotovat offers Invisalign to patients from the Sherman Oaks CA area.