Orthodontic treatment isn’t a decision that most people take lightly. It can be a process that takes up to a couple of years, so you want to be certain that you know all you can about it before beginning that journey. It is normal to have many questions about your specific treatment plan, so having an orthodontic consultation is necessary to help you decide whether to pursue treatment. It’s helpful to be prepared for the consultation so you can get all of your questions answered.
Some common questions that you may want to ask at your orthodontic consultation include:
- What kinds of problems will my treatment address?
- How long do you think I will need to wear braces?
- Will I need any other appliances or procedures?
- How often do I need to come in for checkups?
- What about keeping my braces and teeth clean?
- Do I have to avoid certain foods?
- How much pain should I expect, and how can I minimize discomfort?
- Can I still play sports?
- Can I play my musical instrument?
- What about cost and payment options?
Getting answers to those questions should help you as you decide whether orthodontic treatment is right for you. If you think of additional issues, don’t hesitate to call the orthodontist and ask. The staff is there to help you through each step of the process. Once you have all of the information you need and feel confident in the orthodontist team, you can decide if changing your smile through orthodontics is the way to go.