Are you considering Invisalign to achieve your dream smile? Invisalign aligners are an excellent choice for adults wishing to straighten their teeth. Invisalign has very little impact on the way you lead your life. You take them out to eat, brush and floss. When in the mouth, they are difficult to detect, especially once you have grown accustomed to wearing them.
Orthodontists recommend that you wear your Invisalign aligners between twenty and twenty-two hours each day. Because they are with you continually, it’s important that you learn to care for the aligner trays so that they will last and so your treatment will be successful. Here are some tips for caring for your Invisalign aligners:
- Clean your aligner trays with the provided Invisalign cleaning kit. If you have forgotten your kit or if it’s not handy, run the aligners under warm water and brush them gently with a soft toothbrush. When you brush your teeth, also clean your aligner trays.
- No matter how you cleaned your aligners, rinse them with water before replacing them in your mouth after eating or brushing.
- Don’t use boiling water on your aligners. The water you use should be warm, not hot.
- Never soak your trays in bleach, alcohol or denture solution. This can damage the aligners beyond repair.
- Invisalign has no food restrictions; you may eat what you like. However, it’s vital that you remove the aligners prior to eating or you might damage the trays.
- Don’t smoke, chew gum or use oral tobacco products with the aligners in place. Stop the use of all tobacco products and improve your oral and overall health!
- Sleep in your aligners every night. Allow the aligners to do their work while you rest.
- Protect your mouth during sporting activities by wearing a mouthguard. Remove your aligners if you must, but wear a protective guard.
Invisalign will work for you if you follow these simple guidelines. Schedule a consultation with orthodontist Dr. Fotovat if you live in the Sherman Oaks CA area to see if Invisalign aligners are right for you.