It is not uncommon for teenagers to need orthodontic correction to help achieve a beautiful smile that can last a lifetime. However, many teens are hesitant to have treatment because of the embarrassment and hassles associated with traditional braces. Invisalign Teen offers a way for young people to improve their smiles but maintain their self-confidence during treatment.
Invisalign Teen involves wearing customized aligners made of clear plastic that fit snugly over the teeth. The aligners are removable for eating, cleaning, and even for special occasions. Treatment is most successful and quick if teens wear the aligners most of the time except for eating, hygiene, or playing sports.
This type of orthodontic treatment corrects many common issues, including crooked teeth, spacing problems, overcrowding, and bite issues. Every two weeks or so, the patient will progress to a new aligner in the series of trays custom-made for that particular treatment plan. Visits to the orthodontist are needed less frequently than with traditional braces.
Invisalign Teen offers a variety of benefits for patients. These include:
- The lightweight, clear plastic aligners are nearly invisible so that others often don’t even notice them.
- Dental hygiene tasks are easy since the aligners are removable, allowing normal brushing and flossing techniques.
- Mouth irritation seldom occurs with the comfortable aligners as compared to annoying metal wires and brackets.
- Emergency orthodontic visits are not necessary for broken appliances.
- Average treatment time with Invisalign is usually 18 months or less.
- Invisalign Teen aligners even come with convenient markings to help patients know when it’s time to change to the next set of aligners in the treatment series.
Invisalign teen dentist in Sherman Oaks CA